[TriLUG] Suse 10 - network interface not found problem

mike massey linuxheels at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 20:39:44 EST 2005

I understand your frustration, i installed 9.3 on my dtop and had to on several occasions after the install was to go into yast and remove the current eth0 config and reset my cable modem and router and then restart the modem/router and add the card in yast and I had no more probs after that. Hope this helps,,,,sometimes the most complicated issues are resolved when going back to the basics....so I have learned myself....
Dan Smith <anilorac at nc.rr.com> wrote: Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm having an issue with a new install of Suse 10.0 desktop (32 bit
machine).  After install is completed, the network card is active, but I
can't connect to anything (e.g., router, nor if connected directly to
cable modem).  I'm getting an error message saying a network interface
isn't found.  I've researched several locations, and have not found a
working solution.

Using a Realtek nw card.  I found a couple references to problems with
the DHCP client, but those recommended fixes didn't work.

KICKER:  I have network services in failsafe mode, but not in user mode.

Anyone have insight?  I haven't had any problems with previous releases
on the same machine.

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Dan