[TriLUG] Ghosted audio with MythTV

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Sun Nov 27 12:27:51 EST 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 06:40:51PM -0600, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> The bttv card used to, at least, need the audio fed into the
> line input of the soundcard and if you didn't mute it, you would
> get this effect.

Yup, I already have the patch cable installed and all the proper outputs/inputs muted. It works well most of the time, just not all of the time.

> I believe newer versions of the bttv driver can read the audio directly,
> but I'd check to see if you need to mute some other input.

Unfortunately it's dependent on the exact card you have - apparently some bttv cards don't have the audio chip, some have it but aren't wired up properly, and only a few have the audio chip correctly wired. Whenever I attempt to use the snd-bt87x driver, I get input/output errors so I'm assuming my card isn't one of the lucky few. A nice thought, though.

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us