[TriLUG] Resolution: Re: Printer Woes

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Nov 28 13:09:40 EST 2005

John Mitchell wrote:
>    There is some "user forum" information here:
> http://tinyurl.com/8j8mc
> Main site:
> http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/
> plug in your mfg/model and on next page click on
> "There are 149 posts in our public support forums that have the words
> "epson Stylus C82" section.

I took the plunge this weekend and attempted to repair my printer.  I
took it apart following the directions in the URLs above and found the
waste ink tube had fallen off, just as in the discussion above. :-(
Reattached it, ran the head cleaning task couple times, and then the
nozzle check.  The colors printed fine, but no black. :-(  After 10 head
cleaning passes, depleting a significant amount of ink from ALL
cartridges, the black print head is still blocked.

So, Phooey.  No more Epson printers for me.

--[Lance]
--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/