[TriLUG] Digital Photos, Thumbnails, and Web Pages

Matt McGrievy mcgrievy at email.unc.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:46:32 EST 2005

I use a little desktop app called Album Shaper that creates a
self-contained directory of thumbnails/images/navigation/captions/etc
suitable for transferring to a web server.

http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

I've used it under both Windows and Linux (mostly Windows), but it works
equally well regardless of the OS.  My one gripe with it is the images
are slightly small when creating web galleries, but I've learned to live
with that.

Before Album Shaper, I used Fred's Gallery Generator, which is a perl
script that relies on ImageMagik utilities.  I think Fred has stopped
developing it, but a a google search finds a copy of the script here:
http://docs.abuledu.org/IMG/txt/fgg.txt

HTH,
Matt