[TriLUG] Switching Desktops

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:00:20 EST 2005

Mark Freeze wrote:
> Hmm... I'll look into the various window managers but I could have sworn
> that a while back (and maybe a LONG while back) in KDE you could go to the
> theme and just choose 'Apple' or 'Windows'. Maybe I'm just imaging things.
>
> Kde-look.org has some cool themes that I'll probably download but I
> (mistakenly) thought that this was some part of KDE.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

Hi mark,

I would have jumped in on this earlier but I don't have KDE loaded on
any of my machines.

I know what you're talking about though, when you first run KDE the
setup wizard asks you how you would like things set up.  One of the
options is "Mac OSX" style menu bar across the top of the screen.

I'm pretty sure that's all it is, there's no cool window decorations
that make it look like osx.

Next time i'm in front of a kde machine i'll dig around in the menu and
find it for ya.