[TriLUG] booting with grub2

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Dec 6 12:44:10 EST 2005

grub2 is out, but without any documentation.

I can get it to boot my machine off a floppy by feeding
commands by hand from the grub prompt (substitute "linux"
for "kernel"), but I don't know how to tell it to
automatically read a config file (menu.lst or menu.conf) and
boot from the commands there.

I can tell grub to read the file menu.lst (which has a
working entry from above) with the `configfile` command, but
when I boot, grub says that I haven't given it a kernel, so
the command `configfile` doesn't seem to make grub read the
file.

Anyone got grub2 to work automatically yet?

Thanks Joe