[TriLUG] OT: Removable Storage Suggestions

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Dec 8 10:45:00 EST 2005

Hi Guys,
   I've hit upon an idea that I'm sure is probably popular and I'd just
never thought of it..  but now that I'm having to rebuild a badly
spyware-infected machine, I've realized it'd be awesome if I had a ghost
image of each machine in pristine state, so when something like this
happens again (invariable with these users...), I can simply back up
their data and restore the image instead of going through the day-long
task of a clean install..

So here's what I'm looking for:  I'd like suggestions on an inexpensive
medium for storing each image, which will likely average between 5 and
10 GB.  I'm thinking maybe one of the recordable DVD formats.

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

See y'all tonight.

~B