[TriLUG] OT: Removable Storage Suggestions

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:56:08 EST 2005

2GB won't cut it for most OS+applications anymore IMHO.  On my desktop
at work, I have 7GB for just the OS and all the applications I use.
(No actual data is stored locally.)  I personally wish someone would
mass produce FAST 10GB drives for workstations.  Focus on quality and
speed instead of MASSIVE STORAGE.  A 10GB drive would be perfect for
thousands and thousands of desktops out there in corporate
environments that have centralized, server based storage and server
side applications.  As we speak I'm doing a brand new workstation
install for a user and I'm up to 4.77GB used on C: (ya winXP) and I
still have a few small apps to install.  I've never seen a Linux
system with X come in under 2GB (within reason, I know it can be
done).  :p

my $0.025

David McD