[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 13 11:03:58 EST 2005

I learned to program Pascal on THIS

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/articles/microsoftwindows/somemachines/p
ics/burroughsb20

Which was DEFINITELY NOT running "Microsoft Windows" as the heading of
the web page indicates! It actually had 4 terminals attached to it and
took 20 min to compile, link, and run a 400-line PASCAL program.

My friend and I would push back the due dates for projects by finishing
our projects early, then unnecessarily compiling, and linking them
(Whatever linking was, I still don't know), simultaneously, taking the
entire class hour, and forcing the teacher to move back the projects
because everybody was just sitting there waiting for the computer to
finish compiling for the entire class hour. :)

WAB