[TriLUG] Re: Resolution: Re: Printer Woes

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Dec 13 17:35:05 EST 2005

Lance A. Brown wrote:
> So, Phooey.  No more Epson printers for me.

As a follow-up to my follow-up:

I bought an HP PSC-1610 and have been VERY pleased with it.  The HPLIP
driver works marvelously well with it.  Printing is good, scanning is
good, and the 6 or 7 slot memory card reader shows up as standard USB
mass storage devices on the linux desktop machine when I plug in a
stick.  I'm happy.

Was going to go with a 1500 series machine, but the price differential
on cartridges is NUTS.  The carts for the 1500 hold MUCH less ink, but
don't cost MUCH less.  I'll make up the price difference for 1610 after
printing only 1000 pages, which in my household doesn't take very long
sometimes.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/