[TriLUG] and now a yum question

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Dec 15 11:14:33 EST 2005

Where all does yum look to find repo info?

I'm seeing some really weird behavior from yum and I can't figure out
where it's getting its mirror choices.

Mainly, I'm running FC3 but command-line yum commands keep looking at
FC2 repos....but the thing is, I can't find any yum configurations that
mention the repos it's looking for.

For example:
% yum install kernel-source
...snipping...
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I can't find a single yum-related config file that mentions
ftp.dulug.duke.edu AT ALL.  Not in /etc/yum.repos.d/, not in
/etc/yum.conf, not in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/..  nowhere.  Where else should
I be looking?

Thanks,
~Brian