[TriLUG] I have a Wireless Problem ,Could anyone help me

Chinmay Patel chinmay.gujarat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:02:30 EST 2005

Hi, I am Chinmay (NCSU Grad student).I have the following problem in my Dell
Laptop running on Fedora Core 3:
Now,a couple of days back my Wireless was working well,but yesterday my
wireless was not connecting,so i tried changing a setting in Bit
Rate.Butnow the wirelss is not at all working.
*It shows all the Wireless networks * when i give "iwlist eth1 scan"
command.BUt during connection it says :
*Error for Wireless Request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20)
SET Failed on device eth1;operation not supported*
**
And hence it cant acquire IP address.So could anyone please help me solve
this.

Chinmay