[TriLUG] dial-up modem bank

Brian Bell bbell at kneecap.net
Mon Dec 19 09:46:40 EST 2005

Anybody know where I might find an old dial-up modem bank? 12-24 modems.
Also would be interested in any resources you might know of on how to
configure/manage a modem pool with *nix.  I have googled this already
but I don't think i'm using a specific enough search. Obviously depends
a lot on the hardware we're using.

To help frame this question - we're trying to create a temporary
(18-24mo) solution for establishing connectivity to a large number of
remote buildings.  The systems we are connecting to are 15-20 year old
building automation control computers.  These computers usually manage
the lighting and heating equipment in commercial buildings.  baud rates
range from 300 to 19.2k

Thanks
Brian