[TriLUG] 802.11g

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:42:37 EST 2006

On 1/1/06, Michael Hrivnak <mhrivnak at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> Happy new year.
>
> What's the best way these days to connect a linux desktop PC to an
> 802.11g network?  I'm willing to go with an 802.11b adapter if available
> and would like to minimize cost.

Well, IMHO, the best way to connect a desktop, or any device with a
fixed location, to an 802.11x network is using cat-5/6 wire connected
to one of the RJ-45 ports on the wireless router. <G>

Wireless is best used in cases where the device is mobile, like a
laptop, or where it's absolutely impossible to run wire.

If you can't run wire to your desktop, then others have provided
direct answers to your question.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site