Uptime vs. Kernel updates (was Re: [TriLUG] Prosperous New Year)

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed Jan 4 14:33:40 EST 2006

Oh, I've seen those solutions (or similar), and while I've used them for
Corporate deployments, I can't justify the cost for my own personal
server that hosts a couple of friends/acquaintances website (enough to
cover colo costs).

The ones you list cost just $100-200 less than what my server cost brand
new (465 days ago), and some of the ones I looked at previously were
more expensive.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll add them to my list of components
to check up on for other deployments.

Cheers,
David