[TriLUG] OT: www.hexblog.com - a fix for the WMF vulernability.

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:14:56 EST 2006

On 1/4/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been a few weeks since I read the BBV report with the details of
> the hack, so I just re-scanned it.
>
> Actually, the exploit DIDN'T involve or require changes to the
> accubasic interpreter.  The full details are available here:
> http://www.blackboxvoting.org/BBVreport.pdf
>
> The architecture of the voting machine puts the interpreter in
> firmware inside the scanning machine.  The exploit didn't touch this
> firmware, rather it involved changes to a removable memory cartridge
> which holds two things.

Um, isn't that exactly what I said?  I didn't say it required changes
to the interpreter, I said he preloaded postive and negative votes
on the card. (I did call it a flash card and you called it a removable
memory cartridge, but we're talking about the same thing.)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace