[TriLUG] OT: OpenVote

sholton at mindspring.com sholton at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 5 08:28:42 EST 2006

Pat Regan <thehead at patshead.com> writes:

>If you can make voting easy enough that people can do it from home would
>bring us to the point where we it would be possible to have a direct,
>instead of a representative, democracy.  Election day could be every day.

How much time did you spend, for the most recent once-every-four-years
vote researching the #1 issue in that election? How about the #2 issue?

I'd see the 'election day every day' world as either a world where no one bothers
to research anything before firing off a vote or a world paralyzed by an
electorate that pases laws today based on the color of Katie Couric's blouse
and rescinds them tomorrow on the forecast of light rain..

It's perhaps worth study, but I'll venture not likely to happen in my
lifetime.

--
Steve Holton
sholton at mindspring.com
"Convenience causes blindness. Think about it."