[TriLUG] OT: OpenVote

sholton at mindspring.com sholton at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 5 12:44:23 EST 2006

Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> writes:

>[Instant ubiquitous voting] would be nice, but we are too far away
>from this being a reality in the near future (sadly).  I've had a vision
>of an "electronic town hall" for quite some time where our elected
>representatives could post a question in his or her town hall to get
>a feel for what the constituents really felt about an issue.

Consider: such a system has been /technologically/ possible since
the development of the telephone system. It never took off there,
despite the inherent advantages (tracability, exclusion of
'bots, etc) such a system offers.

In a more primitive form still, consider the writing of letters to
elected representatives. How many people even bother with that?

--
Steve Holton
sholton at mindspring.com
"Convenience causes blindness. Think about it."