[TriLUG] Mac OS X Ubuntu and X-Windows

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:12:34 EST 2006

Okay, so I have an updated Ubuntu laptop with openssh installed.  I can ssh
in and do simple X stuff between my ubuntu laptop and my Mac OS X laptop.
But when I try to run xchat or synaptic I get the following:

(synaptic:22513): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure:
assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL'
failed

(synaptic:22513): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure:
assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL'
failed
The program 'synaptic' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 6644 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

This seems more then odd...  for the record, here is the xchat failure:

gwbrown1 at ubuntu:~$ The program 'xchat' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 94 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

ideas?

Greg