[TriLUG] 802.11g WiFi Card recomendations

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:23:58 EST 2006

I'll give madwifi another (tepid) recommendation... the range with the
two madwifi cards I've tried (one notebook, one desktop) has been
rather wimpy when working with an 802.11b access point. No major
complaints when working with a g access point, but I haven't tried
VoIP or other heaviness on either of the wireless machines.

Still, I was able to get madwifi up with relatively little fuss under
Debian and Ubuntu, and I certainly haven't seen anything like the
ugliness you're describing.

-CMP