[TriLUG] Docbook, PDF and Ubuntu (5.10)

Timothy A. Chagnon tachagnon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:07:51 EST 2006

I wrote some docbook stuff a couple years back and we always used Jade
to create PDFs.  Maybe this is an outdated way of doing it, but I just
tried it on Breezy and it seems to work.  I just installed the
docbook-utils package to get the docbook2... scripts.  Then a little:

db2pdf foo.xml
acroread foo.pdf

Still works on an old XML I had.  Just had to update the location of
the DTD to /usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd

I haven't kept up on the Docbook stuff, so I'm not sure where this
fits in with FOP or xmlto.  Perhaps somebody could enlighten me.

Tim