[TriLUG] What distro do you use AT WORK on your SERVERS.

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 09:17:22 EST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 07:53, Chad Thomsen wrote:
> Was curious as to what folks use in the corporate environment on there
> SERVERS and why you use that distro.  I am not trying to start a flame fest
> over which distro is better either as I know some have extreamly strong
> opinions on this.   I am a new linux users and I am using Centos.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chad

Chad,

We have 20 production servers at 8 sites running mainly SuSE Enterprise 9 (a
couple have yet to be upgraded from Enterprise 8).

We chose SuSE Enterprise mainly for Oracle compatibility. These are workhorses
that run oracle databases, samba shares, and custom applications. SuSE by far
had the best relationship and integration with Oracle.

Ron