Membership database tools (was Re: [TriLUG] Re: Your TriLUG membership information -- DOH!)

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:14:27 EST 2006

On 1/13/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> And here /me thought it had something to do with what Jason said at
> last nights meeting about cleaning up the membership database.

Hmm... you know what would be nice.  One of the problems with the
current membership database (which has worked very well for the past
at least 5 years, so I'm not knocking it, just trying to point out areas
of improvement) is that updates have to be handled by someone on
the SC.  It would be cool if, in this update, we could perhaps extend
the system a bit to allow members to update their own information.
Perhaps we could even extend the information saved so that people
could upload the gpg keys and if a gpg key was included then give
people the option that when their information was sent out, it could
be encrypted to their key beforehand. :-)

Ok, so having mentioned it on irc, Jason suggested that I was a good
volunteer, but how about we start with a discussion of requirements.
What would be good to include, both from a standpoint of being good
for the SC who maintains the database and from the standpoint of
the members.

Cheers,
Tanner

--