[TriLUG] embedded linux... on a Palm Vx ??

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:48:21 EST 2006

On 1/13/06, David McDowell <turnpike420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well... seeing as our talk last night was on embedded Linux, I have a
> Palm Vx which is doing literally nothing but taking up space.  What
> would/could I do with Linux on that... if I could get Linux on that
> and do I care to go through the pains of putting Linux on it if I can?
   If memory serves me right(no it doesn't, see below), no can do.
Don't remember the ram size but no memory management chip and several
other issues that would make it run slow, if you could get it running.
Note that I'm not saying "it can't be done", just why waste your time
for a stripped down system when you could buy a Slug that runs Real
Linux! See here: http://www.uclinux.org/

john mitchell