[TriLUG] Palm/Mandriva synchronization question

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:17:35 EST 2006

How could the palm pilot be mapped to both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1?  Mandriva is
mapping /dev/pilot to ttyUSB1.  I have tried manually creating a link from
/dev/pilot to ttyUSB0 with no success.  Could there be something else I am
missing?

Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas kernel: usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using
uhci_hcd and address 15
Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas kernel: visor 2-2:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter detected
Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas kernel: usb 2-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas kernel: usb 2-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB1
Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas pam_console.dev[10086]: Restoring console
permissions for /dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/tts/USB0 /dev/usb/tts/0
Jan 19 10:49:54 douglas pam_console.dev[10148]: Restoring console
permissions for /dev/ttyUSB1  /dev/pilot /dev/tts/USB1 /dev/usb/tts/1

Jan 19 10:52:14 douglas kernel: usb 2-2: USB disconnect, address 15
Jan 19 10:52:14 douglas kernel: visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
Jan 19 10:52:14 douglas kernel: visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
Jan 19 10:52:14 douglas kernel: visor 2-2:1.0: device disconnected