[TriLUG] apache redirect

Brian Bell bbell at kneecap.net
Thu Jan 19 21:37:33 EST 2006

What about ...

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerAlias *.foo.com
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} .*.foo.com [NC]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/somedir/(.*)$  [NC]
        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$      http://bar.com/$1 [L]

</VirtualHost>

I think this should go something like...
Condition = rewrite if HTTP_HOST is a foo.com domain (case-insensitive)
Condition = do not rewrite if the  REQUEST_URI is the directory you want
to exclude (case-insensitive)
Rewrite = any request to foo.com/{whatever was requested}  to
http://bar.com/{send them there on bar.com}

--
Brian Bell
Kneecap Interactive