[TriLUG] Spamassassin "failing" as of late

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:35:27 EST 2006

RulesDuJour does a very nice job. One thing to be aware of with it is that
some of the rules contain very large rules lists. We found at $WORK that
spamassassin was using incredible amounts of memory and processing time. We
had to disable a number of the rules as the machine was thrashing. I'm sure
there was probably some tuning we could have done, but we took the easy way
out.

YMMV,
Ken