[TriLUG] Spamassassin "failing" as of late

Paul G. Szabady Paul at ThyService.com
Mon Jan 23 22:32:49 EST 2006

Hmmm, at this point, I'd almost rather have the thrashing.  ;)

I'm using stock/unchanged spamassassin rules and all of the spamassassin
version appropriate rulesdejour rules.  My rulesdejour config contains:

TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE SARE_ADULT SARE_OBFU0 SARE_OBFU1 SARE_OBFU2
SARE_OBFU3 SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1 SARE_URI3 SARE_WHITELIST_PRE30
SARE_REDIRECT SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_EVILNUMBERS1 SARE_EVILNUMBERS2
SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_HTML SARE_HEADER SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_BML
SARE_FRAUD SARE_SPOOF SARE_RANDOM SARE_OEM SARE_GENLSUBJ SARE_HIGHRISK
SARE_UNSUB"

--
Paul
@ Thy Service

> RulesDuJour does a very nice job. One thing to be aware of with it is
that
> some of the rules contain very large rules lists. We found at $WORK that
spamassassin was using incredible amounts of memory and processing time.
We