[TriLUG] "Out of scan range"

mike shlitz mshlitz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 14:17:18 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a server with a recent install of RHEL, which I
received from a co-worker to use for testing some
software.  The issue I have, is that the monitor I
have available here is older, and when RH boots, I get
the msg. "Out of Scan Range".  I can access the scsi
drive with a Knoppix Live disc.  What would be the
most sensible way to go about changing the monitor
settings?  (Aside from fetching the other monitor,
which is out of the question at the moment.)  Is it
possible to boot into a "safe" mode in order to change
the settings via the desktop?  Any assistance would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike