[TriLUG] Wanted: ibiblio sysadmin

Errol Casey errol.casey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 23:51:46 EST 2006

On 1/25/06, Paul Jones <pjones at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> We're looking for our ssecond sysadmin for ibiblio. All applications and
> inquiries must go through UNC HR. See:
>
> https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?posID=0053597

Thanks for sharing the posting Paul. It looks as if you have an immediate
need. Do you forsee, having another opening or need at the end of the year
or beginning of 2007.

I'm currently bound by a formal contract until 12/14/2006; and my employer
enjoys pressuring those that try to break contract :-( They are even suing
google!  Anyway, I am excited to see such an opportunity come up. I will
review the details, and if you wish you can review my resume --
http://www.askerrol.org/resume.html

I understand as you indicated, everything has to go through HR. But being
that, I'm really not interested -- I would be interested in learning what I
can from the opportunity, and keep in touch if future opportunities arise. I
don't think I could be available in Feb, as it looks as if you are
interested in finding someone by based on the dates listed in the posting.

I don't know if you recall speaking to me at one of Judy Hallman's , RTPnet
conferences when you were awarded a community award. I sysadmined RTPnet for
a number of years, after Joe Morris left RTPnet.