[TriLUG] BSD/Linux firewall with multiple ISP and failover?

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Fri Jan 27 11:55:19 EST 2006

I've got a friend Jason who does a lot of fail over firewall work using
OpenBSD and carp/pf.  Check it out here:

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2005/view/e_sess/6475

They have shown very good performance in a corporate environment.

As for hardware, you might want to check out these people for the
machines to base your system off of:

http://ironsystems.com/

You should be able to get a couple of pretty beefy 1U systems to build
up your redundant system with here. Take a look at the A-Class iServers.

-David