[TriLUG] Notes from Exploris event?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Jan 28 18:21:39 EST 2006

yes, i've got some notes, alright.  i was rushing from an event leaving
RBC Center at 6:45 PM to make Exploris by 7 PM.  i stacked my boxes of
@#$%  with demonstration PC onto cart.  between minivan and meeting hit,
it tipped over twice and fried the PC.  it was really cool.  $500 poof!

many thanks to Brad Oaks for offering up his notebook PC so the show
could go on.  we got Ubuntu installed and Brian McCullough went through
the manual partitioning with variable size volumes.  thanks to all the
participants for making things happen.

for those that may be interested in joining us next month, register here:
http://www.neuse.net/opensource

we talked about going over Samba next instead of Apache.  we'll probably
get a permanent box and do Ubuntu again for starters.

regards,

jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.