[TriLUG] [non-linux] Best method to clean up a circuit board on a hard drive (Katrina victim)

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Mon Jan 30 10:58:02 EST 2006

Back in my news photography days we would hear about $40,000 betacams
going in the drink and how the engineers would save them with distilled
water. As I understand corrosion is the biggest issue and the sooner you
can get the salt off the better. In the case I know about, the engineers
soaked the camera in question thoroughly to get rid of the salt and gunk
and then used a fan to dry it back out. Then were able to re align all
the optics. YMMV

Dave