[TriLUG] looking for good read-only linux

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:49:32 EST 2006

All:

After screwing up my outer banks server for the last time I have elected to
go with a read-only ssh gateway of sorts for my remote network.  I have a
three port x86 compatible device with a CF reader that I can use for this
project.  I have searched a bit for various distributions and have turned up
a few but I wanted to ping the list to see what was you used.  My
requirements are:

1. read only
2. ssh server
3. squid would be nice, but not required
4. nmap

That's about it.  This device will have two interfaces and one will be the
interface the firewall forwards ssh requests to.  Once I'm logged in I can
hop around to the other APs or ssh devices as needed.

Suggestions?

Greg