[TriLUG] Portable DVD playlist?

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:54:40 EST 2006

Folks,

I want to show selections from a commercial DVD to a class next week. I'm
searching for solutions that will let me pre-choose the selections, then
just hit "play" once instead of having to select each individual scene.
Any advice? The resources at my disposal are:

- A Windows XP machine with a DVD-ROM player;
- A Linux (debian) laptop with a somewhat slow DVD player;
- A Windows XP laptop I can borrow from the department

The first of these is anchored in the classroom and is already attached to
the DVD projector; the laptops can easily enough be attached.  I'm open
either to figuring out how to rip scenes from the DVD into playable
files,then stringing them together, or to some sort of bookmark solution.

Thanks for any ideas.
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl