[TriLUG] How to read IBM Thinkpad Model & Type?

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:58:14 EST 2006

Thanks a lot, Roy, I appreciate it. It is very helpful.

I was expecting the easy comparison options available from
IBM to let me compare the components/parts/options directly
off their web site, in a parallel way & directly link to their
products page, like other vendor's site did, to let me understand
deeper from spec and parts level. That was where I had problems
originally.

Eventually I used CDW's web site, searched to each type/model
and printed the details from there then did a manual compare.

Bottom line is, you are correct - the difference is that
2528FRU has DVD Recordable - comes with the Docking station
2525F6U did not.

Another minor from CDW listing was that the 2525F6U has a built-in mic
but was listed NO on FR8 model. That was not important to me though.

Thanks and best wishes,

Liyun Yu