[TriLUG] Mailman and Virtual Hosts

Lisa Boyd leaseahb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:55:01 EST 2006

On 03 Feb 2006 01:13:47 -0500, jonc <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> This depends on what MTA you are using (postfix most likely) and whether
> you have installed the virtual connector for Mailman.

Hey Jon,
I'm running Sendmail :)

To make my question about the virtusertable clear:

Mail to listname-join at zeteosolutions.com succeeds because I have the
catchall for @zeteosolutions.com sent to me.

Mail to listname-join at lisaboyd.com fails with user unknown because I
have the catchall for @lisaboyd.com return an error.

So I guess this answers my own question in a way -- I do need
virtusertable to be able to pass along the emails without rejecting
them. BUT is there a way to put this in the virtusertable without
opening up any domain email coming straight to me? Or would I actually
have to individually list out in virtusertable:
   listname-join at lisaboyd.com    lisab
   listname-leave at lisaboyd.com   lisab

Thanks :)
Lisa B.