[TriLUG] tomcat questions

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri Feb 3 11:27:33 EST 2006

Rosenstrauch, David wrote:
> I'd be curious to see if the situation has changed since then, as Jetty is
> now up to version 5.10, and I'm sure the other servers have had numerous
> changes and releases since then as well.

Well, Jetty hadn't improved much from the previous round of test (see
links at bottom of report for previous version).  However, when Tomcat
went from 4.x to 5.x, it showed a drastic improvement, relative to the
pack.  Not suprising, since it was a major focus of the Tomcat team for
that release.
I doubt Jetty has the resources to devote to that kind of improvement,
but would like to be proven wrong.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformance.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software