[TriLUG] Burning DVDs on Debian

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:42:59 EST 2006

OK, I need a debian sage to help me out here. I've got a debian box
with a DVD burner in it. I've installed cdrecord and growisofs on the
box. From what I can tell cdrecord will *not* burn DVDs on debian,
it's missing a patch that the debian folks didn't think was free in
some respect.

growisofs will burn my iso images onto a DVD, the problem is I cannot
find anyway to enable the DVD drive's burnfree option. On cdrecord
it's a breeze using 'driveropts=burnfree', but growisofs doesn't seem
to have any matching option.

Does anyone know of a way to enable it outside of growisofs or of
another *command line* tool that will burn ISO images onto DVDs for
debian. I do not have a graphical environment and I'm not going to
install one..... The box is headless.

Thanks

-Brian
--