[TriLUG] Non-Gecko Linux Browser

matt1027 box1027 at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 10 22:56:00 EST 2006

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

>On 2/9/06, matt1027 <box1027 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>I get a similar message when I try Konqueror.
>>

>Have you tried changing the user agent in Konqueror? You should be
>able to change it just for that one domain even.  Just look at the Konqueror
>preferences.  Support for changing user agents is built in.

Thanks for the idea.  I just tried it but the interactive map chokes on it.

Update on my progress on other suggestions --

Simple solution for installing IE on Linux:

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/

This worked for me and was pretty simple.  The IE seems to work well on
regular web pages but the interactive map was like navigating in sludge.

I downloaded the 30-day trial version of Crossover office but have not
tried to install from the shell script yet.  I'll let you know if it
works well.

Thanks,
Matt