[TriLUG] recording a phone call from within Mac OS X?

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue Feb 14 09:24:33 EST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 7:51 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

> Hey all.  I have a couple voicemails that I simply must get on .mp3
> (I've
> brought them up before).  What I'm curious about is would it be
> possible to
> use the Mac internal modem to dial into the voicemail system then
> record the
> calls in Garage Band (or any other application)?

I don't know about using the modem, but Audio Hijack Pro is an
inexpensive tool for grabbing audio from pretty much any source you
can get into your Mac. You'd probably need to use a microphone
(perhaps the one built in to a Powerbook if that's what you have) to
get the audio over the phone, however.

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C