[TriLUG] OT: need ideas for a project that just landed in my lap

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:48:17 EST 2006

Jon's option #2 seems like the best at the moment, given the cirumstances.
Why over-engineer this thing?  Seriously, if you've got that much free time
on your hands, you may need a better job.  *chuckle*

Long term, of course, they will need to dig up the road to fix the wire, but
in the meantime, don't spend days on this.  If need be, make a new post.
Materials will include a 5 gallon bucket, a sack of Quickrete, a 4x4 post, a
weatherproof fiberglass box (such as <a href="
http://www.hometech.com/techwire/boxes.html#RJ1008HP">this</a>), a couple of
screws, and a garage door opener.  If you're looking for something a bit
more permanent, substitute a post hole digger for the 5 gallon bucket.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer