[TriLUG] Laptop installation question

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu Feb 23 10:00:20 EST 2006

You shouldn't.  Windows probably thought that the installation was
corrupted because the disk partition sizes/layout didn't match what it
remembered them to be (not because of the boot manager).  Reinstalling
Windows....uh..."pursuaded" Windows that everything was OK...at the
expense of your boot loader (grub/lilo/system commander/whatever) since
Windows (in typical Windows fashion) assumes that it's the only game in
town.

The suggestion to reinstall your boot loader should fix the Linux boot
problem and (so long as you created an entry in your boot configuration
for Windows) leave Windows happily humming along.

--
William Sutton