[TriLUG] Re: Lunch Friday?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:35:28 EST 2006

On 2/25/06, Neil L. Little <nllittle at vnet.net> wrote:
> One can use this to guage a yankee's assimilation into "southern culture"
> I have noticed many a yankee's horror when they unwittingly use it and have its use brought to their attention.
> Especially after swearing an oath they they will NEVER use "fixin to" in a sentence!

It is a strange thing indeed.  As a native of the Philadelphia area
and having grown up there, I never suspected such things as "fixin
(to)" would seep into my vernacular.  My wife, who is from the
mountains of NC, takes great glee in my Southernification, although my
combination of of "yous," "fixin'," and pronunciations like "wooder"
(water) sometimes give her pause.

MPF

P.S. Crazy Fire was tasty, but too busy at 12pm.