[TriLUG] Deploying Linux to...Aunt Marge

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:53:11 EST 2006

Aunt Marge wants [K]ubuntu. I like gnome, but that's me, not Marge.

The only real hangup will be shockwave, with Windows Media files being
only a slight technical (and legal) speedbump.

See the wiki entry on "Restricted Formats" for details. The wiki
really is fairly good.

I have my 14-year-old brother running it, my best friend who is
getting an MFA in piano (read: not tech-savvy) running Kubuntu, and an
ex-girlfriend running Kubuntu.

I've gotten a grand total of three complaints, two of which were about
lack of shockwave. The other involved choppy DVD playback. Seriously.
These people are not in love with computers. They just use them.
Happily.

:)

Best of luck,
CMP