[TriLUG] Advice on video capture devices

Charles Fischer fischer at 4pi.com
Mon Feb 27 23:52:23 EST 2006

Google for v4l.  Then look for bttv.  The bttv is the driver for bt848
and bt878 chips.  These chips are on many frame grabbers.  You may want
to look at WDL Systems in Pittsboro for embedded gear
(www.wdlsystems.com).  I have used the bttv driver for an embedded
fabric inspection system and for some fun projects.  If you get a PC104+
board let me know, I may be able to help get it up and going.

Good luck
Charles Fischer