[TriLUG] Install Help!

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Mar 6 10:57:07 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:19:23AM -0500, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I know it's a little late in the thread but I use 7Tools Partition
> Manger. Works the same as Partition Magic, but it's a LOT cheaper, linux
> based, if you want that, AND you can pay for and download an ISO within
> 5 minutes. My license cost me $25.00. I've not had any problems with it
> so far. Had it about 2 years

I'm willing to try anything!  However, have you tried it on a current
Dell box?  I found that I was able to successfully use several different
tools on the eMachine with XP Home installed, but completely unable to
use the same tools on the Dell.

On another thread, I was looking at the Symantec site, and the only
thing that I can find that is Trialware ( at least related to this
problem ) is Ghost.  No sign of PartitionMagic.

Thanks for all of the help,
Brian