[TriLUG] Install Help!

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Mar 8 08:53:59 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:20:18PM -0500, Roy Vestal wrote:
> As for Partition Manager, I've used it on
> Dell/eMachines/IBM/Toshiba/Gateway/Sony/Microtel and some others I can't
> remember. BTW, Partition Manager is a bootable ISO so you don't have to
> install it.

Roy, ( and All )

It turns out that everything worked out after all. ( I got distracted
with other things so didn't get back to that machine until yesterday. )

When last we talked ( more or less ), I had tried to re-partition the
machine and destroyed the XP Home installation.  I had called Dell, who
told me to try Ctrl-F11, which restored from Ghost.

What I didn't know at the time, was that the restore process respected
the partitions that I had created, so that Win XP fit into the partition
that I had wanted, and left sufficient space for Linux, as well.

So, as the old saying goes, all's well that ends well!

Brian