[TriLUG] sshd question

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Mar 8 14:55:57 EST 2006

>I typically do not permit root logins via ssh (PermitRootLogin no in
>sshd_config).  However, I have an application
>that requires that I allow this from box a (rhel 7.2) to box b(linux
>7.2).  Is there a way that I can restrict root login to only box a?

PermitRootLogins yes
AllowUsers alan bob tim root at 123.45.67.89

The "@" restriction should be read as "anyone from
123.45.67.89 can try to log in as root"... not as
"root from 123.45.67.89 can log in here".

Unfortunately, you have to list ALL users that can log in.
That is, add a user, add the name to /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

Alan