[TriLUG] JOB: Linux Systems and Network Administrator

David Rasch d.rasch at broadwick.com
Wed Mar 8 13:45:07 EST 2006

Broadwick is seeking a Full-time Linux Systems and Network Administrator

Note: Broadwick sends OPT-IN email newsletters on behalf of our
customers. Please view our anti-spam policy here:
http://www.intellicontact.com/terms/anti-spam.php
Please drop me an email if you have any hesitation or questions about
the position.

Seeking systems administrator in firm to add, update, and maintain an
array of Debian Linux servers for operating, supporting, and developing
our web-based, opt-in email newsletter software IntelliContact. Position
will involve working with Debian Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Looking
for someone who enjoys working hard in a dynamic entrepreneurial
atmosphere. You'll be joining a rapidly growing firm, with significant
potential for growth and leadership in this position. You'll work
directly under our CTO and collaborate with our maintenance, marketing,
and support teams. Experience working with web-based software and a
multiple mail server environment are required. A related degree is a
major plus.

Responsibilities will include:
• Going through initial training and product orientation of
IntelliContact and server setup.
• Assist organization with technical questions relating to servers,
architecture, and corporate services.
• Maintain data integrity, system integrity, passwords, and file system
security for servers and workstations with system backups.
• On call pager to respond to service and hardware outages.
• Interact with IP telephony vendor for new equipment and service changes.
• Collaborate with maintenance team to design solutions, isolate system
issues, and alleviate performance bottlenecks.
• Communicate highly technical information to both technical and
nontechnical individuals.
• Procure hardware and software to meet current and future needs.
• Maintain servers by upgrading hardware, applying security updates,
installing new software, and deploying new systems, internal and public.

Skills
Debian Linux: Backports, Cron, OpenVPN, Apache, Virtual Hosting, MySQL,
Postfix (virtual), DNS/Bind, DHCP, Nagios, Request Tracker, CUPS, rsync,
Courier-IMAP, LDAP, Kerberos
Networking: Routing, Subnetting, Supernetting, NAT, SNAT, DNAT, Private
networks, Switch, Cisco IOS
Windows XP: desktop support including anti-virus
Knowledge of a scripting language such as: Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Shell

Initial salary in $45,000 to $55,000 range depending on experience plus
health benefits, 401k, and flexible spending accounts. Hours will be
9:00am to 6:00pm M-F (can be slightly flexible). Both scheduled and
non-scheduled after hours work will be required from time to time for
server maintenance and/or emergencies.

For More Information
If you are interested and/or would like more information please send
resume to HR Directory Robert Plumley at jobs at broadwick.com
<http://282.careersite.com/candidate/unauthapplyjob.html?jobdocid=A0093-15E8>.
If you are a qualified candidate we will contact you to schedule either
an in-person interview or teleconference interview. Additional
information on the company and software can be found at
www.intellicontact.com <http://www.intellicontact.com> and
www.broadwick.com <http://www.broadwick.com>.